Tahiti offers a world of adventure for families
and for children of all ages! Whether here for a
day or a week, the urban and island environment
provides a unique blend of accommodations and activities
designed for family fun and enrichment.
Popular family activities include:
- Large swimming pools- many with sand bottoms-
at the resorts with fountains and waterfalls.
- White- and black- sand beaches with calm and
- Family-sized 4X4 excursion vehicles for half-and
full-day expeditions into the lush interior for
exploration and a picnic under a waterfall.
- Guided hiking and boating excursions with a naturalist
who provides a close up study of the bird, plant,
and marine life.
- Tours of the museums and points-of-interest around
the island with exhibits of interest for the whole
family about geology, art, history, and exploration.
- Regular performances of music, sport, and dance
featuring local children.
- Nightly outings to the Papeete waterfront where
the roulottes offer a fun way to enjoy food and
dessert along with local families and their children.
Experiences like these can be reserved in advance
by your travel arranger or at your resort.